Pilates and Yoga Rehab Phoenix
Most physical health care professionals know that Pilates and yoga rehab are the leading edge of rehabilitation and fitness.
Pilates rehab helps:
- Restore and recognize functional, refined and balanced motion, — the most important principles of rehabilitation from orthopedic injuries and the prevention of future injuries. Pilates Rehab can be used as a tool to rehab many common orthopedic problems.
- Identify proper muscle engagement to avoid faulty bio-mechanics, which could lead to the over-use of certain muscles and under-use of others.
- Restoring proper bio mechanics to prevent the wearing down of a joint due to imbalanced movement patterns.
- The difference between proper and improper core engagement during movement and daily activities in order to provide your body support and stability.
- the correction of faulty postures that are contributing to a painful or destructive condition
Yoga rehab helps
- Proper and purposeful motion
- Proper breathing techniques: Most people use only a fraction of their breathing capacity. When proper breathing technique is gained, it allows for toxic, stale air to escape the lungs replacing it with fresh, oxygen laden air for healing.
- Proper relaxation is essential to relieve tension in the body and maintain a healthier state.
- Positive thinking and meditation allow better self control and calming of your mind. It improves focus, clarity and overall mental ability.
No referral is necessary to start your Pilates or yoga rehab program. If you would like to see if Pilates or Yoga rehabilitation can help you, please call 480-282-8485 or go online to request an initial exam.
Pilates and/or yoga rehab is also covered under most insurance plans.
Pilates rehab is highly effective for:
- Chronic neck or low back pain
- Postural issues
- Knee and shoulder conditions
- “Sciatica” (irritation of the the sciatic nerve)
- Impingements or tendonitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Ankle injuries
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Plantar fasciitis
- Knee and hip replacements
- Prevention of future injuries
- Keeping up with or getting back to activities of daily living
Calm you mind, connect with your body and learn proper movement patterns with yoga rehab. Work privately, one on one with a medical professional to utilize yoga techniques to maximize your physical therapy program. Each session is tailored toward each patientâ€™s needs and will focus on promoting proper biomechanics, while eliminating poor movement patterns that have been developed over time.